Saturday, April 6, 2013

Getting Back My Personal Standards

"Oh God, no..."

Sometimes you don't see how bad a problem is until it's put right  up in your face. This is  what happened as I was looking over my videos from the last three Vlog Every Day in April (VEDA) videos. I'll tell you after I post the videos here, but maybe you can guess just by watching them.





So, if you haven't guessed it yet, let me go ahead and put it this way. I don't have four sets of blue t-shirts and gym shorts. I haven't shaved or showered for the better part of a week! I'm tempted to blame this on my clinical depression, but honestly, it just really underlines what I talk about briefly in my latest video. I have abandoned any personal standards for myself. Making these videos has really underlined that for me since I have had to embrace the one standard of posting and editing a video everyday to my new vlog (SUBSCRIBE!).

So, last night, I set three standards for myself which I sort of picked on the fly while making that video blog. It's always good to write down your goals, so I'll go ahead and do that here.

1. Go to the gym at least 6 times a week. I'm not going to say how long I'll be exercising, but the actual ACT of getting my butt inside the building is what I'm going for right now.

2.  Keep my food log. You can follow my food log at MyFitnessPal. Please help me keep this current and encourage good eating habits. I tend to forget about it after breakfast.

3. Start saying "No" to food that is not good for me. This really is more of a social issue I have to deal with. You see, I live in a household with seven people, and it gets very hectic. A lot of times for dinner, we end up taking the easy route and making processed food and fast food our dinner. I also tend not to turn people down when food is offered to me even when I've already eaten because I don't want to make the person who has offered that food to me feel bad by rejecting them. This needs to change immediately. I need to stand up for myself and start saying no.

And finally, I need to take a shower before I put myself on camera. It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment