Sunday, December 19, 2010

My 'Biggest Loser' challenge

My favorite challenges on Biggest Loser are when they take something away from the contestants that they're used to. It really tests the mettle of the players because they no longer have something they've relied on steadily to lose weight. One example is when they locked up their kitchen and they had to order out for every meal. During BL10, one week they didn't have access to the ranch or their regular trainers. That ended in disaster for most of them.

The reason I like these challenges is because they're applicable to real life. Sometimes, you're traveling, and you don't have access to your usual foods. You have to eat out for most, if not every one of your meals for a brief period. That means you have to really pay attention to what you're ordering. Sometimes, like for me, you can't get to your regular workout spot, and you have to self motivate and find new ways of getting your sweat on.

After this Wednesday, The UCO Wellness Center will be closed from Dec 23 to Jan 2. I won't have access to my beloved workout place, and I will have to do all of my exercise in and around my home. Needless to say, I'm very nervous about what the scale will say come Friday January 8th. I have decided that my game plan is to focus my attention on getting my diet as perfect as possible this week. I will lift weights for the three days I do have the gym, and then do cardio workouts and interval training during the days they're closed. Once I get back to the gym starting next year, I will increase my interval walk around the track from 15 to 30 minutes for the next month.

I've been frustrated that I haven't been pulling THE DOUBLE DIGITS, but deep down, I know I'm not going to start seeing those numbers until I start committing to the Cardio interval training. Lord help me, because there's probably nothing I hate more than walking on a treadmill or around the track. I know I need to change my perspective on those activities. I need to be thankful that I can walk at all. I workout at a place where they train athletes with missing limbs. I'm so blessed I don't have that obstacle in front of me. I'm just fat. I should be grateful for the ability to use both of my legs to propel myself forward. Walking is a blessing, not a burden.

I've got tomorrow's meal planned out. I'm as prepared as I can be for now. Wish me luck.

1 comment: